What do you get the hipster in your life that already has everything? You buy them a limited edition copy of John Williams’ score for Star Wars: Episode 1 – The Phantom Menace on vinyl, of course. Independent record label I Am Shark Records is releasing this limited edition print, which speaks volumes to the quality of John Williams’ score over the actual movie.
The Phantom Menace score will be released in a 2XLP format and will feature multiple color prints that coordinate with various characters from the first Star Wars prequel movie. The color scheme is more abstract than accurate and is definitely for the more artsy Star Wars geek. Check out the limited edition color versions with pressing information below:
- 2000 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Blue)
- 2000 Hyperdrive (Black w/ White Splatter)
- 2000 Qui-Gon Jinn (Green / Brown Marble)
- 2000 Darth Maul (Black w/ Red/Gold stripe)
- Black / 180 Gram Versions will be constantly kept in stock and distributed to retail stores as well.
Say what you will about the actual movie, but John Williams’ score for The Phantom Menace is wonderful and, at this point in cinematic history, iconic. “Duel of the Fates” is one of the most riveting and exciting pieces of music in the entire Star Wars saga.
The two-LP release will be published and pressed through I Am Shark Records, a small indie record label from Lawrence, Kansas. They plan to release limited editions for each of the prequel scores. The Phantom Menace set is $21.99, but you can buy all four multiple color LPs for $100. Sounds like a good deal! Check out the track listing below:
1. Star Wars Main Title and The Arrival at Naboo
2. Duel of the Fates
3. Anakin’s Theme
4. Jar Jar’s Introduction and The Swim to Otoh Gunga
5. The Sith Spacecraft and The Droid Battle
6. The Trip to the Naboo Temple and The Audience with Boss Nass
7. The Arrival at Tatooine and The Flag Parade
8. He Is the Chosen One
9. Anakin Defeats Sebulba
10. Passage Through the Planet Core
11. Watto’s Deal and Kids at Play
12. Panaka and the Queen’s Protectors
13. Queen Amidala and The Naboo Palace
14. The Droid Invasion and The Appearance of Darth Maul
15. Qui-Gon’s Noble End
16. The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon’s Funeral
17. Augie’s Great Municipal Band and End Credits
Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace Original Soundtrack will be released in a limited edition 2xLP print on March 4th.