If you’ve never checked out the remastered and upgraded version of Star Trek: The Original Series, you are seriously missing out. All the old effects got a snazzy facelift, which diminishes some of the show’s more dated or cheesy elements. The print itself has been restored to gorgeous quality, and it’s frankly amazing how good this nearly 50-year-old show looks. Now’s the perfect chance to grab up The Original Series on Blu-ray, because Amazon has the set of all three seasons marked down a whopping 77% today, leaving the price at $75.54. These sets have always been a bit pricey, so around $25 per season is a steal. Even better, the sets are positively packed with bonus features, making this one of the better deals we’ve seen Amazon offer up in a while. You can add Star Trek: The Original Series to your collection right here.
If you prefer cult classics to beloved franchises, Amazon also has Alex Cox’s spectacularly weird Repo Man on sale for half off today, going for a mere $18.99. This isn’t a bare-bones throwaway release either; it’s the fancy-pants Criterion Collection, which means top quality and nifty bonus features. Plus, that cover art is just badass. The life of a repo man is always intense…
- New high-definition digital restoration, approved by director Alex Cox
- Audio commentary featuring Cox and other cast
- Interviews with Cox, Richardson, and Zamora and more cast
- Deleted scenes
- The complete “cleaned-up” television version of the film, prepared by Cox
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Sam McPheeters and more